Saturday, October 1, 2016

Covenant

Wednesday September 21, 2016

Today because we rescheduled the Staffa trip due to the weather forecast I had a mostly free day. I spent some time exploring the island. Going to the North shore and the Monk's strand. Beaches I hadn't made it to yet. 


 
In the evening was the guest concert. A short show out on by the folks staying there. We were invited to take part. I agrees to be an enthusiastic audience member. The concert was to be held in the Mac (the other residence operated by the Iona community. A short walk away). When I stepped out of the Abbey I saw a beautiful rainbow arching over the Abbey. 


 
It was a breathtaking view. And quickly word spread. People stopped washing dishes and rushed out to see the rainbow before it disappeared. Folks were excited, and then struck silent by the beauty. 

And when we turned around the sunset had lit up the sky behind us. It almost looked like the sky was on fire. 


 
All of it got me thinking about God's covenant. We are a people of the covenant. Promised to be God's beloved. Cherished.  

And we are God's people. Invited to live into the covenant. 

So I wondered. Do we? How do we? What does it mean to us to be people of the convent today?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment